Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Adapting Yoga for Disabilities

It's almost here...I have been waiting for months

This weekend I will be attending a workshop to learn to adapt yoga for disabilities.  I got an email from my friend Desi telling me about the workshop and she wanted to know if I was interested in attending with her.  Why not, I love to learn something new.

I immediately bought Matthew's book 'Waking", and I was hooked.  Matthew is a paralyzed from the neck down, but through yoga has found the mind-body connection.   
Matthew teaches at national yoga conferences, studios and institutions around the country. Although he teaches people of all abilities, Matthew is a pioneer in adapting yoga for those living with disabilities. “We all live on a continuum of abilities and disabilities,” he says. “The principles of yoga apply to all people, to all bodies.

I will report back next week to pass along some of the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment